Looking for ancestors outside Tasmania?
Check out resources in LINC libraries and online for researching ancestors in other states of Australia and overseas.
See also other general useful resources.
New South Wales
Our library resources
Resources from other organisations
- 1901 Census of England and Wales
- The British Library
- Cyndi's List - United Kingdom & Ireland Index
- Family History UK
- FindMyPast UK subscription database. To use this resource, you must be in one of the following libraries: Hobart, Launceston, Burnie, Devonport, Glenorchy, Kingston, Rosny.
- FreeBMD - civil registration birth, marriage and death certificates index for England and Wales 1837-1983
- FreeReg - parish registrations of baptism, marriage and burials index for England and Wales 1538-1983
- FreeCEN - United Kingdom census index 1841-1891
- General Register Office - England and Wales
- GENUKI: UK & Ireland genealogy
- London Gazette archive
- National Archives of the United Kingdom
- Old Bailey Online
- The Origins Network
- Public Records Office of Northern Ireland
- UK Births, deaths, marriages and care register
Scottish Association of Family History Societies
Access at one of our locations or use your LINC Tasmania membership.
Other European countries