Computers and internet access
Use a computer and access the internet for free at your local LINC, library or Online Access Centre.
All LINC locations have public access machines.
Free wi-fi access
Many of our locations have free access to wi-fi. Check your area to see if it has wi-fi.
All you need is your own device. To connect to the LINC Tasmania network.
- Connect to the wi-fi network LINC_Tasmania
- Open any web page and agree to our terms and conditions.
You can use the internet for 4 hours and download 500MB.
Booking a computer
You do not always need to book, but booking a computer means you can access a computer when you need it.
You can book 30 or 60 minute sessions. The Hobart Reading Room has some computers you can book for 2 hours. LINC library members can book 2 sessions a day and visitors 1 session. You can book up to one week ahead.
Use your LINC Tasmania library card for these places or contact any LINC, library or online access centre.
Your booking expires if you do not start your session within the first 10 minutes.
Staying safe online
The Office of the Children's eSafety Commisioner has information to help you and your family be safe and responsible online.
Printers, scanners and other equipment
Many lo cal LINCs, libraries and online access centres have printers, scanners or other related equipment. See local information to find out more.
Tasmanians can mostly use LINC computers and the internet for free. However, some community managed online access centres may charge a small fee if you do not have a:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Repatriation Health Card – For all Conditions (Gold Card)
Conditions of Use
You must comply with our conditions of use. In summary:
- Break any laws
- Do anything offensive to others
- Download or send large files. This slows our networks.
- Damage any equipment
- Plug in external devices apart from memory storage devices
- Try accessing systems or information you are not supposed to
- Interfere with another person's work
- Change any system files or other technical data
- We can't guarantee the security of your information on our systems.
- You are responsible for
- any illegal, offensive, or harmful material you access.
- any losses resulting from information accessed via our resources.
- Parents and carers must make sure their children comply with these conditions.
Please do not leave your laptop or other valuables unattended. We cannot guarantee the security of your property.