Home Library Service
Volunteers deliver library material to people who cannot easily get to a library themselves.
Home library service clients include those who:
- have an illness or disability which prevents visiting the library in person
- cannot carry library items home
- live in a
- nursing home
- supported accommodation house.
- care full-time for someone physically unable to borrow library items
- are children of, or cared by, someone physically unable to borrow library items
Contact your local LINC or library to register.
When registering, we collect information that includes:
- formats of library materials preferred. For example,
- audiobooks on CD
- preferred genres and subjects
- suitable day and times for a home visit
- quantity and frequency of items needed
- relevant medical conditions
- contact person in an emergency
- access information. For example, a person may live in a flat at the rear of a house
We rely on volunteer couriers to support our home library service clients. Our staff match a volunteer courier to the client. Where possible, couriers deliver to clients who live nearby.
Recorded Book Service
This service is available only to those clients currently receiving it.