Naxos Music Library (NML) offers over 1.6 million songs, including the Naxos and hundreds of other independent labels
LINC Tasmania members can stream songs or albums for FREE. There's no holds, no waiting, no returns and no fees.
- Unlimited streaming every day
- Available on almost any computer, player, tablet or smartphone
- Genres include classical (world's largest library), contemporary, jazz, folk, blues, pop, rock, nostalgia and world with over 800 new titles added monthly
- Includes artist biographies and discographies
- Music theory, history, junior section and other student and professional resources
- Advanced search allows searching by playing time, year of composition, label, instrument and category
- For film scores, search under the 'Genres' tab, then 'Classical Music, Film & TV Music'
- Keep up-to-date with the 'New Releases' and 'Recent Additions' tabs
- Go to the
LINC Tasmania Naxos webpage or use the App on your device to stream
Streaming music & songs (unlimited)
- Search Naxos by artist, composer, genre or record label
- Choose a CD that you would like to listen to
- Select either the entire CD using the 'Select All' button in the left hand navigation menu or individual tracks by ticking the checkbox next to each track listing
- Click 'Play Selections'
- Refresh the link if you leave it unattended for some time
Listen to Naxos playlists or create your own.
- To create a playlist, sign up for a
'Student/Member Playlists' account and verify your email address. This account will also allow you to access the App version of NML
- Browse for music you would like to add to a playlist using the navigation and search options. Select tracks and click 'Add to Playlist'
- Fill in the required fields and click 'Add to Playlist'. If you are adding tracks to a playlist that you have already created, change the Playlist Location from 'Create New Playlist' to the title of your playlist, selected from the drop down menu.
- Once you have added enough tracks to your playlist, click 'Playlist' from the navigation menu, and from there you can click the 'Play' button and listen to your customised playlist. You can continue to add new tracks to this playlist, as well as editing the play list at any time, either changing the order of the tracks or removing them.
- Playlists, wishlists and downloads sync between multiple PCs, Macs or devices.
Getting started with your PC or Mac
- Login to Naxos with your library card membership number and password
- Search the collection by artist, album, song, or genre
- Click 'Stream Now' or add songs to a playlist
- Tip: in the 'Advanced Search' tab, you can search by instrument, year composed, duration, performing group, country and more
Getting started with Naxos App
- Download the App for Android or iOS
- Go to the LINC Tasmania Naxos
Mobile App tab, and click on the 'Sign up' button. Note: if you already have a Naxos Music Library Member Playlist account, your email address and password will also be your login for the NML mobile app
- Complete registration by clicking the activation link in your email